It doesn’t take long to realize that your e-bike battery is the most expensive component of your folding e-bike.
Taking care of your e-bike battery is a must due to the high replacement cost.
Every new folding e-bike owner seems to ask the following questions:
- How long should my battery last (overall charging cycles)?
- What is the proper way to care for the battery?
- How often should I recharge my battery?
- Do I have to be careful in how I handle my battery?
- How to care for my e-bike battery in the winter and summer?
Knowing what to do with your e-bike battery is just as important as what NOT to do, for example, do not ride your battery to full discharge every time.
In this easy-to-watch 10-minute video below Grey Beard (that’s his channel) addresses every owner’s concerns about e-bike battery longevity and care.
Battery Storage Tip – Make sure you use the battery a little every month or two. Long term storage (even at 70% charged) without any usage can drain the battery to the point of damage.